Devin Smith, the starting safety for the Seminoles, is set to remain at the school through 2019, his agent told FOX Sports on Monday.
Smith, who is entering his fourth season, was previously signed to a two-year extension through the 2021 season.
The extension comes with a one-year buyout and a $1.1 million base salary.
The school, which will begin its new, multi-year contract extension on Jan. 31, has already announced that it will begin a three-year, $5.5 million extension to help the 6-foot-3, 210-pound safety, who was born in the Miami area, and the other two starting safety, DaQuan Jones and Deondre Francois, complete their seasons.
Smith, who has recorded eight interceptions and 13 passes, will become the school’s third-leading tackler and first-ever player with 10,000 career interceptions.FSU has made the extension a priority.
Smith’s agent, Bill Bickley, told Fox Sports on Sunday that he has been in touch with several schools and that he is “confident” in the extension.
“We have been in contact with a number of schools and the ones that have been very supportive have made it clear that they are very, very interested in him, and that we can get